The Australian Consulate-General Phuket is Australia's official diplomatic mission in Phuket, with accreditations to the provinces of Phang-nga and Krabi. The Consulate-General works closely with the Australian Embassy in Bangkok.
The Consulate-General opened in June 2016. Prior to the Consulate-General's opening, Australia's interests in Phuket were handled by Honorary Consuls Mr Larry Cunningham OAM and later Ms Michelle Hawryluk. In 2015 the Australian Government announced that its presence in Phuket would be upgraded from an Honorary Consul to a full Consulate-General, reflecting the strength of the Australia-Thailand bilateral relationship and the number of Australians travelling and residing in Phuket.
Craig Ferguson was announced as Australia's first Consul-General to Phuket by Foreign Minister Julie Bishop MP on 3 August 2016. Mr Ferguson is a career diplomatic officer with the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and most recently was Assistant Director, Staffing Operations Section in Canberra. He has previously served overseas in Shanghai, Brasilia and New Delhi. Mr Ferguson holds a Bachelor of Business from Queensland University of Technology.
Public holidays in 2018
- Monday 11 June - H.M. the Queen's Birthday
- Monday 30 July - H.M. the King's Birthday
- Monday 13 August - H.M. Queen Sirikit's Birthday & Mother's Day
- Monday 15 October - H.M. King Bhumibol Adulyadej Memorial Day
- Wednesday 5 December - National Day & Father's Day
- Tuesday 25 December - Christmas Day
- Wednesday 26 December - Boxing Day
- Monday 31 December - New Year's Eve